April 12, 2010

The Print and Pattern book!
I was thrilled when I received an email back in July of 2008 from Bowie Style, author of the blog print and pattern, saying that I was on her wish list of designers that she would like to feature in the new book she working on. I am even more thrilled to see the book itself. It is beautiful and inspiring and my heart did a little flutter when I turned to the pages with my work. The idea of the book is to celebrate and showcase the wealth of talent in the fields of surface pattern design, stationery, papergoods, illustration, textiles, cards and more.

The pics above are from my recent trip to Barnes and Noble. I must say that it was fun to pull it from the shelf and flip through pages of gorgeous design and once again, see my spread! I am completely honored and thrilled to be included in the book alongside so many other talented designers. The book features designers you may know such as Orla Kiely, Sukie and Jill Bliss, but also features smaller, lesser known artists, plus a little bit of background information about each one.

The Print and Pattern book was just released in the USA this march. You can see more here...

No comments: